We’re looking for an experienced Asbestos Surveyor with a minimum of 1 year’s experience who is based in or around South West London/Sussex to join our team. It would be an advantage to be dual trained as an analyst.
- P402 or RSPH Level 3 Award in Asbestos Surveying
- P403/4 or RSPH Level 3 Award in Asbestos Air Monitoring and Clearance Procedures.
- Management, refurbishment, demolition surveys and re-inspections on domestic and commercial buildings
- All types of PCM air testing including four stage clearances
- Writing and delivering accurate reports
- Completing all work in accordance to Health and Safety regulations
- Delivering excellent customer service to clients and working closely with colleagues
- Working across London, travel further afield may be required occasionally.
A full clean driving licence is essential and a DBS check will be carried out.
Competitive salary, company vehicle and benefits
We’re looking for an individual with an eye for detail and excellent verbal and written communication to join our team. Previous experience in a laboratory environment would be advantageous but is not essential as training is provided.
Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English as well as computer literate are essential. The role would be ideal for a recent school leaver who is looking for work place training.
- follow set procedures to accurately identify if asbestos is present within samples
- accurately input sample information and analysis into our internal system
- check the reports are technically accurate before being sent
- liaise with site staff to assist in resolving any queries that may be identified when report checking
- maintain a high level of cleanliness and tidiness within the lab
- manage own timescales effectively and prioritise
- calibrate and maintain equipment as required
- be involved in regular inspections to maintain our UKAS accreditations
- work well as part of a wider team
- assisting with administration tasks when required
Access to own transport would be an advantage due to the office location.
Benefits of a career with us include progression opportunities, competitive salaries and 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays. In addition to this membership to Westfield Health and Westfield Rewards gives colleagues access to discounts and cash back from a range high street shops.
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, that may not be currently available, and have experience in one of the following areas below please click here.
- Asbestos Surveyors and Analysts based in London, East Anglia or the Midlands.
- Administration and/or Laboratory analysis based in and around Huntingdonshire.